These instructions explain how to open an app downloaded from the Microsoft Store from TD Snap. They are not instructions on how to open a program that was installed or downloaded from the Internet or through another media.
To open an app from TD Snap you need to create the link on a button. The instructions below may get a little too technical. A keyboard will be needed, however the Windows keyboard will work just as well.
- Open run dialog <WIN> <R>
- Type: shell:AppsFolder and hit <ENTER>
- Find the app you wish to link to in the folder
- Right click and choose "Create Shortcut"
- Say "Yes", to prompt to "place the shortcut on desktop"
- Right click the shortcut and choose "Properties"
- Make sure Shortcut tab is displayed
- Make note of the entry in the "Target" field
- Open TD Snap
- Choose the Gear and Pencil to open Editing/Settings
- Select the Button you want to Edit
- Choose Add Action then pick Launch Application
- Launch Application c:\Windows\explorer.exe as the application. (This is a loose file in the Windows folder)
- Then you would need to enable Advanced and provide the argument: shell:AppsFolder\<PackageName>!<ApplicationID>
Here is an image of the final product. Notice explorer.exe is the file name, Advanced is On, and the Command Line Arguments is formatted as described in the instructions..