I get a high pitched sound from the speakers
The sound is most likely acoustic feedback caused by wrong speaker settings. Check that the microphone for the speaker is disabled:
- Right click speaker symbol in taskbar (small icon next to the time/date)
- Choose Sound
- Choose the Playbacktab
- Select the "Speakers, Realtek High Definition Audio"
- Click Properties
- Select the Levelstab
- Mute the microphone by sliding the volume slider under Microphoneall the way to the left until it hits 0. Also choose the speaker button to the right of the microphone volume slider so that it has a red circle with a slash through it (signifying the volume is muted).
- Choose OK
- Make sure that the "Microphone, Realtek High Definition Audio" is set as Default Device. If it is not, with Speakersselected choose Set Default.
- NOTE! IF the above doesn't fix the problem - Under the Recording tab, go to Microphone properties - Listen tab - make sure that the box that says "Listen to this device" is Not ticked in.
If the problem persists, contact technical support.