How do I import my Boardmaker with SDPro boards into Tobii Communicator?
If you have been using, or have come across Boardmaker with Speaking Dynamically Pro boards, you can now use them in Tobii Communicator. These steps follow the import procedure in Tobii Communicator version 4.3.0100. Some of these steps may have changed since version 3.x of Viking Communicator. It is also assumed that the SDPro boards are located in the My Boards folder inside of My Documents.
- On the menu bar, choose File > Import Boardmaker/SD Pro files. You see the introductory screen of the Import Wizard
- Click Next. You see the legal notices screen
- Read the information, check that you agree, and click Next
- On the left, choose the My Documents folder and then click on the My Boards folder, or choose the folder where you have your Boardmaker files
- On the right, click on the files you want to import. To select several files, hold the SHIFT key down while you click additional file names. To select all files, choose the Select All button
- When you have selected the files you want from this folder, click Next.
- Type a new folder name and click Next.
- (Tobii Communicator 4.3 and up only) Decide if you want to import all boards into one page set or if you want each page to be a separate page set. If the pages being imported are linked together in SDPro, it is recommended that they are imported into one page set. Select Next.
- There will be a brief wait while the files are converted.
- You will be notified that the Import has finished. In Tobii Communicator 4.3 and up, click Finish and the page set will automatically open up. In other versions of Communicator, select the file you want to run, if any, and click Finish. Your files will be converted with as many commands as possible intact, but there are no 100% guarantees. You may have to open them in Edit view and add, remove, or modify commands to get them to run as before.