How do I program a remote in Snap+Core First?
To program an IR remote in Snap Core First, follow these steps:
Please note that our devices are only compatible with Infrared (IR) remotes. If your device is not programming, it may be a Radio Frequency (RF) or RF/IR hybrid. If this is the case, you may need to contact your cable provider or the device’s manufacturer for instruction on how to disable RF signal or to receive an IR-only remote.
- Open Snap Core First and click the Dashboard button. It is in the upper left, between the Home and Search functions. It is a gear-shaped symbol.
- Select Remotes, then select the remote page you wish to program. Snap Core First comes with several pre-built pages such as Living Room TV, Bedroom TV, and others.
Click the Edit button in the upper right corner of Snap Core First while on the remote page. It looks like a pencil over a gear icon.
- Click the command you wish to edit, such as Power. This will open the Button edit menu. Select Action on the left-hand side and scroll down the action list until you can select Send IR Command. Touch this action to begin programming.
- Snap will prompt you to hold the remote up to the IR sensor on the device. Follow the diagram and onscreen instructions, then press Record on the device. It will prompt you to press the corresponding button on the remote.
- Your command is now programmed. Once you are finished programming buttons, press Done to save you changes.